Duplicate relocations in DLL

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Sun May 19 18:28:55 CDT 2013

On 17 May 2013, at 13:40, Alessandro Pignotti wrote:

> Wine does not seem to even try to load DLLs at their preferred address. Still,
> I'm not sure this is actually bad and I think Win8 forces randomization of the
> layout anyway,

Afaik an application can tell the OS that it should not apply ASLR to certain DLLs.

My colleague also looked further into it and didn't find any trace of a post-processing tool. However, the dll was compiled with one of the first mingw releases (gcc 2.8 or 2.95), and the problem may simply have been caused by a buggy linker.

Jonas