Release plans

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.org
Mon May 27 13:46:43 CDT 2013

Folks,

Now that the Mac driver is fully merged and all the bugs fixed (right?),
it's time to think about the next stable release. I would like to start
the code freeze after the next release cycle, so two weeks from now.

Hopefully, like last time we can keep the freeze period relatively
short, so that it won't impact the Summer of Code projects too
much. Note that in general, new test cases can be accepted during code
freeze, and it's always a good idea to start a GSoC project by writing
tests.

On a related note, the test results on test.winehq.org haven't been
looking very good lately; in particular, we need to make the full test
suite succeed on the new testbot VMs, since the old ones are being
phased out. Fixes to make tests succeed on Windows can go in during code
freeze, since by definition they don't impact the Wine code, so this
would be a good opportunity to try to improve the situation.

OTOH the regression status is looking good, I'm very pleased with how
we've kept the regression count under control during the 1.5 series.
Hopefully we can even fix a few more during code freeze and set a lower
baseline for the next development series.

Thanks all for your help, and let's make this another great release!

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.org