WineTestBot status update

Dmitry Timoshkov dmitry at baikal.ru
Sun Oct 27 21:34:20 CDT 2013

Francois Gouget <fgouget at codeweavers.com> wrote:

> I also uncovered two other potential performance issues:
>  * Some VMs have Windows Defender and apparently it was starting a full
>    disk scan as soon as the VM was ready to run the tests. That's
>    clearly not good so I disabled Windows Defender in all VMs.
>
>  * Most VMs were still using 20% of the CPU when idle. That's fine if
>    only one VM is running but could impact performance (through
>    increased interrupt rates) if many are running at once (like on the
>    WineTestBot). Apparently the culprit is the USB Tablet device that's
>    added by default. So I removed it from all VMs too (and now the mouse
>    is even more laggy than before when I work on the VMs :-( But that
>    does not impact the tests).
>
> So there is still a lot of work to do on the WineTestBot, and that's
> not even counting fixing all the failing tests.

Yes, there are still ways for the new testbot improvements. When time from
time I send patches for testing I send them to both old and new testbots.
While old tesbot completes the job in minutes (usually 3-5), the new one
almost always completes the request several hours later. Looking at the job
status it shows that the build is complete and VMs are online and ready but
nothing happens further on.

--
Dmitry.