WineTestBot status update

Dmitry Timoshkov dmitry at baikal.ru
Mon Oct 28 02:48:25 CDT 2013

Francois Gouget <fgouget at codeweavers.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 28 Oct 2013, Dmitry Timoshkov wrote:
> [...]
> > Yes, there are still ways for the new testbot improvements. When time from
> > time I send patches for testing I send them to both old and new testbots.
> > While old tesbot completes the job in minutes (usually 3-5), the new one
> > almost always completes the request several hours later.
>
> I think that's because of two factors:
>  * The current __WINESRC__ jobs which I like to call testbot-bombs.
>    That's because these patches tend to touch multiple tests which
>    creates one task per test per base VM, so 8 tasks per test, plus the
>    build one. So for instance a patch fixing the 11 advapi32 tests would
>    create 89 tasks (1 build + 11 tests * 8 VMs), so 89 reverts. There's
>    been many such patches lately and that delays the tests coming after
>    them.

When I sent a patch to testbot last time there were no __WINESRC__ related
patches in the queue...

>  * The old TestBot is not processing wine-patches emails anymore. That
>    means it's essentially has nothing to do but work on your jobs.

... and nightly test run has been finished as well. Also there were no other
things related to wine-patches processing running either.

> > Looking at the job status it shows that the build is complete and VMs
> > are online and ready but nothing happens further on.
>
> That's strange. It can happen if it's waiting on a VM that's offline or
> undergoing maintenance. There can also be cases where the build VM gets
> a bit ahead (but normally the TestBot tries to complete the jobs one at
> a time).

When next time I'll be playing with the tests what additional info could
I provide for better diagnosing the problem?

--
Dmitry.