WineTestBot status update

Francois Gouget fgouget at codeweavers.com
Thu Oct 31 20:16:33 CDT 2013

The WineTestBot has a new Windows XP VM. Windows Update keeps breaking
which prevented me from installing all the updates I wanted so I'll do
some more work on it at some point. Currently it has SP3 and Internet
Explorer 7.

I also redid the old Window 8 VM and upgraded it to Windows 8.1 VM which
is exciting.

Btw, there are a lot of failures on Windows 8 and 8.1. Most of them
also happen on my laptop, i.e. on real hardware (and a Windows 8 set up
by Acer, not me):

http://test.winehq.org/data/cb0ef08839e515d7a9053923d27ef8899978a263/index_Win8.html

That means there's a lot of work to get the tests in shape. If you know
anything about one of the tests below your help would be greatly
appreciated:

advapi32:security (2-4)
cmd.exe:batch (1)
crypt32:encode (3-6)
crypt32:sip (1)
d3d10:effect (4, yes same errors on 32/64-bit, VMs and real hardware)
kernel32:console (80)
kernel32:heap (20)
kernel32:locale (65)
kernel32:module (8)
kernel32:virtual (2)
mmdevapi:render (1 error in common)
msctf:inputprocessor (1 error in common)
mshtml:activex (4)
ntdll:path (2)
ntdll:pipe (8)
ole32:marshall (36-39)