RFC: Completely revised SIO_ADDRESS_LIST_CHANGE patches

Erich E. Hoover erich.e.hoover at gmail.com
Fri Sep 6 13:03:40 CDT 2013

As some of you know I've been working on fixing
SIO_ADDRESS_LIST_CHANGE in order to fix some problems with Silverlight
on a variety of streaming sites.  Due to some feedback I've received
I've gone to the effort to completely revise these patches to work
inside of the server instead of using iphlpapi.  Any and all feedback
is appreciated, special thanks go to Sebastian Lackner for looking
over these patches ahead of time.

Design considerations:
0001) This patch was modeled after similar behavior for unimplemented
ioctl() calls in ntdll
0002) The implementation uses a per-socket queue so that when a socket
is destroyed prior to a notification event then that socket's async
operations are all appropriately woken up.  Only one interface change
notification object exists at a time, so the object is destroyed
whenever there are no sockets expecting events and is then re-created
as needed.
0003) This patch is a simple test case with the rest of the socket
tests #ifdef'd out for your convenience

Looking forward to hearing back!

Best,
Erich