[4/5] ntdll: Make asynchronous NtWriteFile on a disk file always return STATUS_PENDING.

Dmitry Timoshkov dmitry at baikal.ru
Mon Sep 30 21:24:45 CDT 2013

Alexandre Julliard <julliard at winehq.org> wrote:

> I don't see the point. Do you actually have an app that depends on this?

When I started to work on this I had an app that has one of the reasons to
require running under Vista+ was the difference in overlapped IO behavior.
On the other hand the tests clearly show that up-to-date Windows versions
(including Windows XP) always return STATUS_PENDING for asynchronous read
and write on disk files. Is there another way to remove all those todo_wine
statements from the tests?

--
Dmitry.