ole32:fix CoWaitForMultipleHandles cause RPC hang

Sebastian Lackner sebastian at fds-team.de
Thu Dec 11 21:57:58 CST 2014

On 12.12.2014 04:36, Changhui Liu wrote:
> Hi, I modified my patch, it has passed test on
> https://testbot.winehq.org/JobDetails.pl?Key=10745&log_202=1#k202
>

> My test aims to reproduce the bug.

Sorry, but this patch is still not sufficient, it doesn't cover all situations how WM_QUIT messages are handled. As you can easily test with my current work-in-progress patch
https://github.com/wine-compholio/wine-staging/blob/master/patches/ole32-CoWaitForMultipleHandles/0001-ole32-tests-Add-additional-tests-for-CoWaitForMultip.patch
your suggested fix breaks other stuff (which was working fine before), and so is most likely not correct.

I am not even sure if the problem is really in ole32, it might also be possible that the real problem is in the user32 message handling or probably somewhere else - but the only way to find that out is to write additional tests. Just testing this specific use-case will not be enough to justify a change, which might break other apps. ;)

Regards,
Sebastian