Wine at LinuxTag in Berlin

Michael Stefaniuc mstefani at redhat.com
Wed Feb 5 14:26:17 CST 2014

Hello guys,

to follow up to Jeremy's email on doing more Wine "evangelism" the idea
quickly came up to do something for LinuxTag which happens from 8th to
10th May in Berlin / Germany http://www.linuxtag.org/2014/en/ .

Talks:
------
The deadline for proposals is the 7th February.

- I will submit a talk proposal: "Is Wine Still Relevant?" with a
  a subtitle along the lines of "A Wine status update focusing on
  current use cases and new exciting developments". Needs more
  buzzwords, I know ;)

- Marcus had other ideas for talks, of course somebody would need to
  hold them.
<_Marcus_> and a Playing Windows games with Wine could be seperate if
necessary /& wanted... would surely also be interesting
<_Marcus_> and Wine on Android , which I was surprised to have it fill
the room ;)
<_Marcus_> and a pipelight talk ... that would surely pull folks.

- We're open to other talk proposals. Please don't hesitate to reply if
  you're interested.

Booth:
------
- I'm still trying to figure out the deadline for the registration of a
  booth.
- With 3 days this is a significant time investment.
- Needs around 3-4 people to man the booth.
- We could share a booth with an other project but we will still need at
  least 2 persons for that, 3 or more is better.
- Let me know if somebody is interested in this.

bye
        michael