Profiling CS:GO

Stefan Dösinger stefandoesinger at gmail.com
Thu Feb 6 05:31:15 CST 2014

Am 05.02.2014 um 17:22 schrieb Brock York <twunknown at gmail.com>:

> >Quick reply from my phone: wglShareLists on Windows had to be called with neither context being current. I once hacked a workaround >together that created 20 extra contexts in advance with the primary one before making the first context current in one thread
> Is this why WineD3D can't be used multithreaded under wine in CS:GO? I don't know much about how OpenGL and DirectX let alone their windows counterparts but I'm trying.
It should work in current Wine (on Linux), but you may have to enable StrictDrawOrdering. Without that you may get some texture corruption, e.g. HUD parts are broken in CS:S if the game’s multithreading is enabled but StrictDrawOrdering isn’t.

StrictDrawOrdering kills performance though. CSMT supersedes StrictDrawOrdering.

> >One more thing: there are a few issues with the nvidia driver on the command stream. For testing, try to remove vertex buffer objects and >pixel buffer objects from the extension table in directx.c, disable glsl and enable the game's multithreading. That got me pretty decent >performance in cs:s.
> This is for running and testing WineD3D under windows for testing that I should remove the VBO's and PBO's? Or is this for getting better performance when under wine in linux?
This is for getting better performance on Wine in Linux.