Rename "Version" field to "Earliest Affected Version" in Bugzilla?

Frédéric Delanoy frederic.delanoy at gmail.com
Mon Feb 10 01:48:12 CST 2014

On Mon, Feb 10, 2014 at 3:10 AM, Ken Thomases <ken at codeweavers.com> wrote:
> On Feb 9, 2014, at 8:00 PM, Dmitry Timoshkov wrote:
>
>> Version field should be never changed and left at the original version
>> that the user had reported the problem for. There is no point in changing
>> it to an earlier or a later one IMHO.
>
> Well, if that's the consensus that develops, then perhaps we could either: a) rename it to Originally Reported Version, or b) disable editing that field by non-admin users.  (We might also disable non-admin users from setting or editing the Severity field, too.)

(b) would be best IMO.

BTW the Version field explanation can be found when hovering the
"Version" field in bug creation form ("The version field defines the
version of the software the bug was found in").
That sentence seems clear enough, although one could maybe replace
"software" by "Wine".

--
Frédéric Delanoy