Rename "Version" field to "Earliest Affected Version" in Bugzilla?

Vincent Povirk madewokherd at gmail.com
Mon Feb 10 11:32:01 CST 2014

> IMO that field is important for testing bugs in the correct or at
> least a close wine version in order to reproduce the issue.

But it should be equally useful for this as long as it's a version
where the bug is present. It doesn't matter whether it was the
originally reported version. I've not seen any explanation in this
thread of when any affected version is not good enough, and you really
need to know the version the reporter was using. I believe there is no
situation where that is important, and people changing it back are
just adding noise to the bug for no good reason.

In fact, I would like to propose that we change the field's definition
to be the LATEST WINE VERSION in which the bug is known to be present.
This way, people retesting bugs won't have to flood them with comments
of "still present in version x.y.x", and one can quickly search to
find e.g. download bugs that weren't tested recently.