Rename "Version" field to "Earliest Affected Version" in Bugzilla?

Rosanne DiMesio dimesio at earthlink.net
Mon Feb 10 13:54:40 CST 2014

> On Mon, Feb 10, 2014 at 5:32 PM, Vincent Povirk <madewokherd at gmail.com> wrote:

> > I've not seen any explanation in this
> > thread of when any affected version is not good enough, and you really
> > need to know the version the reporter was using.

The only situation I can think of where this would be important is when the bug reporter claims it is a regression, but does not do a regression test. Someone who comes along later and is willing to run the regression test will want to know the first bad version. However, presumably that info would still be available in the bug's history field, so changing it in the version field shouldn't be a problem.

--
Rosanne DiMesio <dimesio at earthlink.net>