Advice fixing #13683 (DirectX mouse overlay?)

Stefan Dösinger stefandoesinger at gmail.com
Sun Feb 16 13:55:45 CST 2014

Am 2014-02-16 20:39, schrieb Christopher Thielen:
> fixme:d3d:wined3d_debug_location Unrecognized location flag(s)
> 0xfffffc00.
These lines are harmless. That's pretty much code doing something like
this

TRACE("Removing flags %s.\n",
wined3d_debug_location(~WINED3D_LOCATION_SYSMEM);

which ends up passing a value like 0xfffffffe to wined3d_debug_location.

wined3d_debug_location then does something like

if (flags & (SYSMEM | BUFFER | ALL | DEFINED | FLAGS))
    FIXME("Unrecognized location flag(s) %#x.\n", flags);

What is missing here is a logical and that filters out unknown flags in
places where a bitwise not is used, or maybe just the removal of the
unknown flags fixme in wined3d_debug_location.

> Unfortunately, there is no reference to "ddraw7_GetCaps" or
> "GetCaps" anywhere in the 975 MB log. That confirms it isn't using
> overlays, right?
Pretty much, yeah.

> fixme:d3d:debug_d3dusage Unrecognized usage flag(s) 0x10000000
That's WINED3DUSAGE_TEXTURE and needs to be added to the debug function.

> This gog.com version uses nGlide to wrap the Glide API to DirectX
> calls - DX9 I believe, based on the requirements of nGlide
> (http://www.zeus-software.com/downloads/nglide). Not sure if this
> information helps.
This means the GOG version is using an entirely different codepath
than what you're trying to run. It is quite possible that the codepath
you're running is broken in some way. I recommend to test if the
game's ddraw codepath is working properly on Windows before you bang
your head against it. It can save you a lot of time :-) .

If it turns out that the ddraw codepath is working just fine on
Windows 7 there's certainly value in fixing it. If it is not, but it
is working on e.g. Windows XP, it might still be worth a look.