dpnet: Implement IDirectPlay8Client Initialize (try 3)

Michael Stefaniuc mstefani at redhat.com
Mon Feb 17 06:06:00 CST 2014

On 02/17/2014 12:20 PM, Alistair Leslie-Hughes wrote:
> On 17/02/2014 10:07 PM, Michael Stefaniuc wrote:
>>> Anybody know if DirectPlay is supported on Windows 8?
>> I doubt it is installed by default as it is deprecated but you should be
>> able to get it for 32bit Windows. It was never supported on 64bit and it
>> misses on all 64bit Windows versions.
> The testbot is 32bit, so maybe something else is going wrong.  Can
> someone check if the dpnet.dll is installed by default?  I currently
> don't have a access to a windows 8 machine.
You can check yourself by searching the test results page for that
machine. E.g.:
http://test.winehq.org/data/aa22a3c4b2e772636163ea50e7245dba01fe7b34/win8_newtb-w864-32/version.html
dpnet	6.2.9200.16384

>>> It tests are timeout doing
>>> hr = CoCreateInstance(&CLSID_DirectPlay8Client, NULL,
>>> CLSCTX_INPROC_SERVER, &IID_IDirectPlay8Client, (void **)&client);
>> Are you doing the interactive tests? Those do time out on Windows for
>> whatever reason.
>>
> No, the tests aren't interactive, so this shouldn't be the issue. All
> other windows version pass, so this windows 8 issue is confusing.
You'll have to figure it out then. But the CoCreateInstance call should
not timeout. Especially if CLSID_DirectPlay8Client is unsupported; you
would get an error back and that would fast.

bye
	michael