ff-core effect id handling in case of a failed effect upload

Elias Vanderstuyft elias.vds at gmail.com
Wed Feb 19 13:49:49 CST 2014

On Wed, Feb 19, 2014 at 8:32 PM, Andrew Eikum <aeikum at codeweavers.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 19, 2014 at 06:32:54PM +0100, Elias Vanderstuyft wrote:
>> I'll include the code (with effectId_old variable) and this discussion
>> when I submit my whole patchset for Wine's DInput libs to Wine-devel
>> mailing list. Right now, I don't know who I should personally mail to.
>>

> Patches ready to be included in Wine should go to
> wine-patches at winehq.org.  I've done a bit of work in dinput myself, so
> you can feel free to send them to me and/or wine-devel first if you'd
> like a review.

<offtopic>
Alright, thanks Andrew!
I've also done some work on reverse engineering the FFE file format,
which is needed to complete some missing functionality
(http://wiki.winehq.org/ForceFeedbackSummerOfCode2005Summary) of the
following functions:
IDirectInputDevice8::WriteEffectToFile and
IDirectInputDevice8::EnumEffectsInFile.
Can I send it to you (in a new mail subject, of course) and cc wine-devel?
</offtopic>

> Andrew

Elias