msi: Dont crash on installation of services without component KeyPath

Aric Stewart aric at codeweavers.com
Wed Feb 19 20:00:16 CST 2014

On 2014/02/19 20:28, Hans Leidekker wrote:
> On Wed, 2014-02-19 at 20:03 +0900, Aric Stewart wrote:
>> I have not dug into the details, but I know it does not crash and the
>> overall install does succeed.
>>
>> I can try investigating further on windows, Is there an easy way to
>> determine what service this is and if it gets successfully installed on windows?
>
> A +msi,+service trace should reveal the service name. "sc query" will list
> installed services, for example.

Unfortunately it only tries to install the service on windows 2000 or older. (this is an old applications that I was installing in a windows 2000 prefix)  I do not have a windows 2000 machine to test the install on.

Using an XP prefix gets around the problem by not trying to install the service.  But I am unable to determine what is the correct method to fix this issue. You are more of the expert Hans, so I will leave it up to you if we should fail to install the service or install the service without an image path.

-aric