winemac.drv: Improve positioning of IME client window based on caret

Ken Thomases ken at codeweavers.com
Wed Feb 19 21:12:06 CST 2014

On Feb 19, 2014, at 9:00 PM, Aric Stewart wrote:

> GetGUIThreadInfo is totally the correct way to go. It is giving me correct caret rects for both notepad and the Japanese applications I am trying to fix. I can worry less about the not about caret insertion points because i do not care about the width, just the height and position. so a width of 1 is fine.

Well the note wasn't about the caret width, it was about the proper computation of the left edge.  According to MSDN, rcCaret.left is not correct as given.  As I said, though, I'm not sure Wine is doing the right thing with that, anyway.  The problem may only show up with right-to-left or Thai input.  *shrug*

Anyway, glad it's giving useful results.

-Ken