oleaut32: Use BOOL type where appropriate

Frédéric Delanoy frederic.delanoy at gmail.com
Sat Feb 22 15:35:16 CST 2014

On Sat, Feb 22, 2014 at 6:39 PM, Ken Thomases <ken at codeweavers.com> wrote:
> On Feb 22, 2014, at 11:14 AM, Frédéric Delanoy wrote:
>
>> According to MSDN, it's either 0 for non-leading zero, or 1 for
>> leading.zero
>
> If the documented values are 0 or 1 (rather than, say, FALSE or TRUE), then why are you changing 0s and 1s to something else?
>
>> (hence TRUE/FALSE def'd to 1/0 in windef)
>
> "Hence" implies a causal relationship.  The fact that TRUE and FALSE happen to be defined to 1 and 0 is unrelated to the fact that LeadingZero should be either 1 or 0.

yeah, my sentence was a bit ambiguous/unclear, I meant "hence using
T/F, which are defined to 1/0 in windef)." Sorry about that.

> -Ken

The LeadingZero conveys itself a boolean/logical semantics (i.e. has
leading zeros or not), and it would be clearer to assign truths values
to it IMHO (and it's not like T/F definitions are ever about to
change).
But of course I can understand your line of reasoning as well.

Frédéric Delanoy