Patch to fix bug 34324

Bruno Jesus 00cpxxx at gmail.com
Tue Feb 25 06:33:01 CST 2014

On Tue, Feb 25, 2014 at 1:49 AM, Zhenbo Li <litimetal at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Why using a magic value (0x7c) if there is a define(DE_INVALIDFILES)?
> This is related to legacy. MSDN said[3],
> "These are pre-Win32 error codes and are no longer supported or
> defined in any public header file."
> And DE_INVALIDFILES is not defined in wine's shell32 code.
> Maybe to define it is better than to use a magic number? I'm not sure.

I see, I guess it's ok then. Never saw that situation before so I
can't really tell what is best.

> BTW, in irc channel, Stefand suggested me to avoid SetLastError().
> If I have to do that, could I change SHELL_DeleteDirectoryW()
> from BOOL to DWORD?

If BOOL is no longer enough and the function is internal I see no
problem in changing it, but there are other calls to this function so
you would have to review and update then accordingly. And yes,
avoiding the SetLastError is better as Windows may not set it too and
the application may not be expecting that.

Best wishes,
Bruno