[1/7] gdi32: Relax vertical face requirements.

Akihiro Sagawa sagawa.aki at gmail.com
Mon Jan 6 10:25:33 CST 2014

On Sat, 4 Jan 2014 20:02:35 +0900, Dmitry Timoshkov wrote:
> > +        const DWORD DBCS_MASK = 0x3e0000;
> dlls/gdi32/font.c,GetFontLanguageInfo() defines DBCS_MASK as 0x3f0000,
> I'd guess that one of these places needs to be fixed.

Good point. I think Wine's GetFontLanaguageInfo needs to update. There
are two reasons.
Firstly, GetFontLanguageInfo()'s DBCS_MASK is not suitable for DBCS and
vertical writing. Because 0x3f0000 sets bit 16 (0x10000), that is Thai
charset.
Secondly, I tested native GetFontLanguageInfo(). The result[1] shows
even DBCS font, like MS Gothic, doesn't return GCP_MBCS flag.

I've not figure out what condition is needed for GCP_DBCS yet. If you
have a good idea, could you let me know. Thanks in advance.

[1] http://newtestbot.winehq.org/JobDetails.pl?Key=4002&log_206=1#k206
    font.c:5993 is an additional test for GCP_xxx flags

Regards,
Akihiro