shell32/tests: Add test for GetLastError in shlfileop

Dmitry Timoshkov dmitry at baikal.ru
Tue Jan 28 07:39:10 CST 2014

Zhenbo Li <litimetal at gmail.com> wrote:

> As MSDN[1] said, "Do not use GetLastError with the return values of this
> (SHFileOperation) function."
>
> I think wine's implement of SHFileOperation needs a big change.
> Before hacking it, I hope there could be sufficient testcases to
> help me understand that function.

It doesn't matter what MSDN says or doesn't say, what matters is what
applications depend upon.

> I think wine's implement of SHFileOperation needs a big change.
> Before hacking it, I hope there could be sufficient testcases to
> help me understand that function.

Before starting to change anything just explain (to yourself first)
'what you are trying to achieve' and even before that 'whether you have
investigated the problem, understand what is going on, and what exactly
the problem is that you are trying to fix'.

--
Dmitry.