FOSDEM and Wineconf

Michael Stefaniuc mstefani at redhat.com
Tue Jul 8 10:57:29 CDT 2014

On 07/08/2014 05:41 PM, Jeremy White wrote:
> The FOSDEM call for rooms is out for next year:
>   https://fosdem.org/2015/news/2014-07-01-call-for-participation/
>
> I left FOSDEM this year feeling that it was a great two years, but not
> something that made sense for 2015, at least not in the same form (a
> dedicated dev room).
To keep in line with the tradition next years WineConf should happen in
the US. I have heard that Minneapolis is beautiful in January/February
;)

> I had the sense that a table like the distros had, maybe with a few
> talks in the general tracks, made more sense.
A table needs 3+ people for each day.
I would be willing to do a talk at FOSDEM; either an updated
- "Is Wine Still Relevant" talk that I held at LinuxTag or a
- "Getting your bad code past Alexandre" talk that I promised Alexandre
  to hold at the next WineConf.

> But the bottom line is that I'm not going to go in 2015, and as such, it
> doesn't make sense for me to do the coordination of it.
>
> Is anyone else willing to pick this up?
Maybe, I need to think a little bit more about it.

> Anyone else have ideas for if and/or how we should participate in FOSDEM
> 2015?

bye
	michael