[1/9] wined3d: Make the card selection for binary drivers depend only on gl_renderer like it already is for the mesa drivers and remove the gl_info parameter from the select_card callback. (try2)

Andrei Slăvoiu andrei.slavoiu at gmail.com
Mon Jul 14 18:37:34 CDT 2014

În ziua de Lun 14 Iul 2014, la 22:58:40, Henri Verbeet a scris:
> On 14 July 2014 21:22, Andrei Slăvoiu <andrei.slavoiu at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I see on Nvidia's site that the oldest cards supported by the legacy
> > drivers on Linux are Geforce 5 FX series. So is it ok if I just remove
> > all the D3D8 and lower cards completely?
>
> Possibly, but it's a bit besides the point. You can't match against
> something generic like "GeForce", and returning CARD_NVIDIA_RIVA_TNT
> instead of PCI_DEVICE_NONE breaks the fallback mechanism.

Yes, I realize now this was completely broken, and patch nr. 3 was just a
partial fix for the damage I done here. But how do I get the exact renderer
string for those old cards? I guess from the comments that the original
Geforce cards or either identified as "Geforce 256" or "Geforce DDR". But what
about the Quadro cards? How do I make those less generic? So the easy fix is to
just get rid of those old cards identified by such generic strings.

Now the question is how should I update the series, the current patch 3 no
longer makes sense, and removing the old Nvidia cards should have been a
change of its own before this one. Is it ok to renumber patches 1 and 2 as 2
and 3 and make a new patch 1 or should I keep the original numbering, scrap
patch 3 and remove the old cards as part of the gl_info removal?