XInput over SDL

akjsdfk sdkfnskd wh1sper.123.wtfit at gmail.com
Sat Jul 26 15:52:34 CDT 2014

Long story short, while I helped my friend with his "up to the neck in MS
API" game, I wrote him complete drop in solution library for XInput over
SDL. And since making patch for wine was easier than testing his half done
game... well, it came to full featured XInput handling

It supports:
- hotplugging/unplugging (well, only if game didn't use DInput to scan new
devices. if it is pure XInput, then it just works)
- all controllers supported by SDL are XInput capable
- haptic works

And before cleaning it, I just wanted to ask if XInput over SDL is wanted
or not. There is no point in working on regular patch if that is out of
question.

Just short points why SDL and not native (which I'm not interested in even
remotely):
- far better API than XInput
- controller database is updated
- completely cross platform
- same source can be reused to port game
but, don't treat this as I would try starting some holy war. If it doesn't
fit in wine plans, no problem. I can still provide it as standalone patch
for those that want it

with regards
wh1sper_123