XInput over SDL

akjsdfk sdkfnskd wh1sper.123.wtfit at gmail.com
Mon Jul 28 16:28:02 CDT 2014

> The advantage of using SDL is that we don't have to worry about how to
> map any joystick to the required xinput layout, because SDL does that
> for us. That advantage only applies to xinput.

Not really true, you can do it other way as well
https://wiki.libsdl.org/MigrationGuide?action=fullsearch&context=180&value=gamecontroller&titlesearch=Titles
this is off course if controller is mapped in SDL (which is happening a lot
lately since configurations made in steam bpm are reported directly to SDL2
AFAIK) .
- you can always request axis/button id by name.
- you can always load custom simple SDL string mapping for your controller

That is one great thing of SDL, it always works both ways. It provides low
(device) and high level (just works) access to everything

with regards,
wh1sper_123