XInput over SDL

Elias Vanderstuyft elias.vds at gmail.com
Thu Jul 31 05:19:17 CDT 2014

Another advantage of using SDL, is that we can use the SDL haptic
wrapping functions for OSX, Linux, and even Android.
In that way we can simply write code for DInput FF -> SDL haptic
wrapper, which can be platform independent.
Than we would instantly have support for DInput FF on OSX and Android too.
The downside is the extra overhead, e.g.:
    instead of DInput FF -> Linux FF,
    it becomes DInput FF -> SDL -> Linux FF
and this might have some implications to latency-critical applications
such as racing-simulators.

Or am I missing something?

Elias