Recognize cards that expose GLSL 1.30 as DX10 capable even if they don't support EXT_GPU_SHADER4

Henri Verbeet hverbeet at gmail.com
Mon Jun 2 16:11:16 CDT 2014

On 2 June 2014 18:51, Andrei Slavoiu <andrei.slavoiu at gmail.com> wrote:
> Actually, it does. No SM3 card can expose GLSL 1.30.
You're right, I mixed up 1.30 and 1.50 there. I probably should have
actually checked before writing a reply. (We'll probably end up using
1.50 for e.g. geometry shaders on Mesa, but that aside.) Checking for
ARB_shader_texture_lod as well is redundant in that case though.

> Like you say, the extensions are arbitrary, so why not use GLSL version as
> well? GLSL 1.30 also adds support for integers and bitwise operations. All
Sure, checking the GLSL version is fine.

> The reason I prefer to improve the fallback instead of simply adding the PCI
> ID for my card to the list of known cards is that with the current model there
> will always be cards that are not recognized by wine and a good fallback will
> prevent the experience for a newbie being "nothing works, wine sucks".
Sure. The number of applications that really cares about the name of
the card returned etc. should be fairly limited though, and I'm a bit
surprised that World of Warcraft does. Are you sure the issue is
really with the reported card, as opposed to e.g. the amount of video
memory associated with it? CARD_AMD_RADEON_9500 has 64MB, which really
isn't a lot by today's standards.