WineHQ Downtime

Francois Gouget fgouget at codeweavers.com
Wed Jun 18 04:30:09 CDT 2014

On Wed, 18 Jun 2014, Piotr Caban wrote:
[...]
> It's not possible to submit tasks to testbot. The server responds with "500
> Internal Server Error". I guess the migration was not done yet, but letting
> you know just in case it's related.

This issue was actually unrelated to the server reshuffling.

The trouble is that whenever the website's Perl code is modified it's
necessary to restart the Apache server. The reason is that while
mod_perl automatically reloads the perl scripts that generate the pages,
it fails to detect that the Perl modules they use have changed. This
results in inconsistencies and thus Perl errors.

I'm looking into Apache:Reload as a way to avoid this issue, the
drawback being that they say it costs a little bit in performance (but I
guess there's not that much traffic on WineTestBot so it may be ok).

--
Francois Gouget <fgouget at codeweavers.com>