New WineHQ Server

Jeremy White jwhite at codeweavers.com
Fri Jun 27 08:48:35 CDT 2014

Hi Folks,

As you probably saw, we have deployed a new server to replace our 5 year
old work horse.  This new server will hopefully hold us for the next 5
years.  It's got good specs; 6 core Xeon, 32G of RAM (easily expandable
to 128), raid 10 (also easily expandable).

In a particularly nice development, this server was purchased by the
Software Freedom Conservancy using funds provided by a donor.  This
donor doesn't want a particularly big fuss made out of it, and so
prefers that I not announce a name publicly.

I'd like to thread this needle somewhat carefully, as *I* think it's a
remarkably generous gift.  So I propose that, at our next convenient
opportunity, we all lift a glass in appreciation of anonymous donors
everywhere!

Cheers,

Jeremy