[RFC 7/11] Linux FF: Linux effect: axes

Elias Vanderstuyft elias.vds at gmail.com
Tue Mar 4 13:20:17 CST 2014

a)  In dinput/effect_linuxinput.c, the GetParameters(...) and
SetParameters(...) functions implicitly assume that
    (DIEFFECT.dwFlags & DIEFF_OBJECTOFFSETS) != 0, but the other flag
'DIEFF_OBJECTIDS' is also possible according to MSDN:
        The semantics of dwTriggerButton and rgdwAxes are determined
by the flags DIEFF_OBJECTIDS and DIEFF_OBJECTOFFSETS.
        (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/microsoft.directx_sdk.reference.dieffect%28v=vs.85%29.aspx)
    But I don't know exactly how to convert values determined by
DIEFF_OBJECTIDS to values determined by DIEFF_OBJECTOFFSETS.

    => Suggestions?
    (the reason why this hasn't yet resulted in problems, is because
the usage of 'DIEFF_OBJECTIDS' seems to be rare)

Elias