schedsvc: Add Task Scheduler service. Try 2.

Dmitry Timoshkov dmitry at baikal.ru
Thu Mar 6 08:06:31 CST 2014

Alexandre Julliard <julliard at winehq.org> wrote:

> > Would starting the service from taskschd.dll when an application calls
> > ITaskService::Connect() be a viable compromise? Of course that would mean
> > that the scheduled tasks will be added to the queue only when the service
> > is running.
>
> If there are scheduled tasks then it's OK for the service to be running
> always; but as long as there aren't, it should be started on-demand.

So I would implement it like this: the service would be always started
on Wine boot, it would then load the xml task definitions and if there is
no anything would exit right away. Then the service would be started by
taskschd.dll if ITaskService::Connect() can't connect to an existing
service instance. Does this sound acceptable?

--
Dmitry.