Wine project aspirant for GSOC 2014 : Tools - Winetest Graphical User Interface

André Hentschel nerv at dawncrow.de
Sat Mar 8 08:43:12 CST 2014

Am 08.03.2014 12:08, schrieb Siddhartha Narang:

> Hello ,
>  I am Siddhartha Narang a second year Undergraduate in INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY at University Institute of Engineering and Technology (UIET) Panjab University, Chandigarh,India .
>

> Skill set :-
>
> I have a deep knowledge of C and C++ and have made various games on console like the snake and food, tunnel came , bouncing ball .
> I have a average knowledge of Data Structures ,linux, Html5.
> I am currently learning Css .
>

> I have gone through various projects of your's for GSOC and the one which interest me a most is Tools - Winetest Graphical User Interface . I am very keen to be a part of this project  .
>
> What i could interpret from the idea's  page about the project  is that  to  build a graphical user interface where user can see the test results .
>
> I am very enthusiastic about the coding. I would put my best foot forward to learn as much as I can and try and contribute to your community .
>
> It will be very nice of you if you guide me how to go about this project  and from where i could start and elaborate what i need to do .

Hi Siddhartha,
i think for this project the best first steps are to compile Wine yourself from latest git [1][2],
then run the testsuite and submit the results [3]. This way you get a feeling what it's like to get to the results at the moment [4][5].

[1] http://wiki.winehq.org/FAQ#head-7ed3c3163e2b932ee2030a48f9c5e553dc41817b
[2] http://wiki.winehq.org/GitWine
[3] http://wiki.winehq.org/ConformanceTests
[4] https://test.winehq.org/data/