Glorious winetestbot results, why this matters

Jeremy White jwhite at codeweavers.com
Wed Mar 12 10:56:46 CDT 2014

On 03/12/2014 09:48 AM, Henri Verbeet wrote:
> On 12 March 2014 15:31, Jeremy White <jwhite at codeweavers.com> wrote:
>> But really, it illustrates the problem:  Alexandre does not trust the new
>> test bot results, so he did not wait for testbot review of patches, and so
>> he did not catch a problem.  We need to restore that trust. That's why this
>> matters.
>>
> I'm not going to argue about the basic point, but I don't think it's
> all that clear that some of the tests timing out on occasion is really
> about the tests themselves, as opposed to the testbot infrastructure.

I asked Alexandre, and he thought that this one might be a fair cop; not
just an infrastructure failure, but a real failure that should have been
caught.

But you are right that the infrastructure instability makes it very
difficult to do any real work against the failing test list.  My hope is
that it's close enough now that we can, by trying to fix tests, more
clearly identify the remaining issues and resolve them.

And I also felt remiss in failing to shame *anyone* <grin>.

Cheers,

Jeremy