Ideas about mshtml for GSoC 2014

Jacek Caban jacek at codeweavers.com
Fri Mar 14 09:22:18 CDT 2014

Hi Zhenbo,

On 03/11/14 15:32, Zhenbo Li wrote:
> Thank you very much!

>> I think that MSHTML may make a good GSoC project. The application will
>> probably need some more concrete task. We will also need to see that
>> you're prepared to the task and sending those patches is a good start.
> If I concentrate on implementing most IHTMLTable* functions, would it be a
> good idea?

Sorry for the delay. I'm not sure that's the best strategy for having
results that will help users in general. Having all functions
implemented is a nice thing, but many of them don't cause problems in
real world application and web pages. I think I would prefer testing
random web pages and implementing things that they need. This, however,
would be tricky to set goals required for GSoC application. Maybe you
could come up with a mix of both? Start with selected area (say,
IHTMLTable*, not necessarily whole) and move to random APIs required by
pages as the project progresses?

Cheers,
Jacek