Ideas about mshtml for GSoC 2014

Zhenbo Li litimetal at gmail.com
Fri Mar 14 22:21:21 CDT 2014

Hi Jacek,

> Sorry for the delay. I'm not sure that's the best strategy for having
> results that will help users in general. Having all functions implemented is
> a nice thing, but many of them don't cause problems in real world
> application and web pages. I think I would prefer testing random web pages
> and implementing things that they need. This, however, would be tricky to
> set goals required for GSoC application. Maybe you could come up with a mix
> of both? Start with selected area (say, IHTMLTable*, not necessarily whole)
> and move to random APIs required by pages as the project progresses?

I think work on both of them is a great idea, And I'm glad to do such job.
As you said, it is not easy to set up goals.
I have nearly 12 weeks, so my previous plan is to split them into several
parts:
IHTMLTableCell                              3 weeks
IHTMLTableCol & IHTMLTableRow    3 weeks
IHTMLTableSection                         2 weeks
IHTMLTable                                    4 weeks
(test-cases included)

I don't know if this meets the need of GSoC. Also, is it necessary to add
"fix real work webpage/app problem" in this schedule?

Thank you very much.

--
Have a nice day!
Zhenbo Li