how to build wine with USB support ?

Uwe Bonnes bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de
Tue Mar 18 10:33:04 CDT 2014

    Alois> In one case, HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\<driver name>
    Alois> points to system32\Driver\hidusb.sys;
    >>
    >> Can you show the exports of hidusb.sys? Maybe it is also a good
    >> candidate for a replacement dll.
    >>
    >> Bye
    >>

    Alois> I'm not sure how to export that information. nm does not work
    Alois> because its a sys file.  pefile gives quite some information but
    Alois> no export section. grep Hint pefile_output lists this:

    Alois> ntoskrnl.exe.IofCompleteRequest Hint[483]
    Alois> HIDCLASS.SYS.HidRegisterMinidriver Hint[3]
    Alois> USBD.SYS.USBD_ParseConfigurationDescriptorEx Hint[22]

It looks like hidusb.sys only exports some way to register another (mini)
driver. Probably this minidriver creates some device. How does the
application talk to that device. Probably another dll is involved or access
happens with Read|WriteFile() to that device. But I am only guessing, I have
no experience with HID.

Bye
Uwe Bonnes                bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de