wintab: Incorrectly classifying cursor as stylus instead of eraser

Eriks Dobelis eriks.dobelis at biti.lv
Fri Mar 21 01:21:12 CDT 2014

The alternative - just to switch order of checks in
X11DRV_LoadTabletInfo. There is a code fragment:
             /* prefer finding TYPE_PEN(most capable) */
             if (is_stylus(target->name, device_type))
                 cursor.TYPE = CSR_TYPE_PEN;
             else if (is_eraser(target->name, device_type))
                 cursor.TYPE = CSR_TYPE_ERASER;
             else
                 cursor.TYPE = CSR_TYPE_OTHER;

I would need to switch order and check for ERASER first. Problems would
arise if for some device name would be "Pen & Eraser", and type would be
"STYLUS" , and then it would be detected as eraser. In the proposed
patch this problem would not arise as only device is checked for ERASER.
For my specific case both approaches work. Which one you consider as better?