Building Wine conformance tests on Windows

Albert Szilvasy albert.szilvasy at autodesk.com
Fri May 2 12:34:41 CDT 2014

Thanks Dimitry,

I'm new to wine so please excuse my naïveté and ignorance.

RE: the test needs to be fixed

There are lots of other errors. It looks like nobody has tried to build against the windows sdk headers for some time. I could try to fix it but if this isn't the way people work then it will get broken again and again. I'd rather stay on the beaten path than bushwhack on some old overgrown trail.

RE: Another solution is to build with the Wine headers

I've also tried this and it gets me further but not all the way. I'm just trying to build the kernel32 tests for now and I get a linker error:
volume.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _strcasecmp referenced in function _test_GetVolumePathNameA

This is expected since _strcasecmp is called stricmp on Windows.

This really makes me wonder if building these tests on Windows is at all viable. It seems that people use some other method to build this stuff. I've checked winetest64.exe from http://test.winehq.org/data/ and it definitely wasn't built with the Microsoft toolset. I think I'll move on and try to cross compile on Linux, I suspect that's the beaten path.

albert