user32: Move IME Window Procedure to user32

Piotr Caban piotr.caban at gmail.com
Mon Nov 10 05:54:38 CST 2014

On 11/10/14 12:27, Alexandre Julliard wrote:
> Piotr Caban <piotr.caban at gmail.com> writes:
>
>> On 11/10/14 12:02, Alexandre Julliard wrote:
>>> In which case does it make a difference to load it this way?
>> It makes it possible to load and unload imm32.dll. On the other hand
>> it leaves user32 dll in broken state, that leads to crashes while
>> calling some user32 functions on windows (tested on Windows 7 and XP).
>
> Yes, but is there really an app that depends on being able to unload
> imm32?
No.

>>> But the real bad part is passing a function pointer through the magic
>>> DWORD. There has to be a better way.
>> Do you think that adding additional export to wine's imm32 is acceptable?
>
> It's not great, but it's less offensive, if there's no other way.
I was trying to find how native does it. It works completely different
on windows. There's an undocumented window message sent on every
keyboard layout change. I guess native passes some internal structures
there. Because we don't have such notifications I didn't want to
implement similar (but not compatible) mechanism.