wined3d: Add NVIDIA Geforce GT 750M to supported device list.

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Fri Nov 14 07:22:49 CST 2014

On 14/11/14 13:21, Henri Verbeet wrote:
> On 14 November 2014 12:58, Jonas Maebe <jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be> wrote:
>> However, it does not fix the general issue that since commit e9b0a0e18
>> unknown video cards will be auto-detected as supporting at most SM3
>> due to shader_arb_get_caps() never setting shader_caps->vs_version to
>> 4 (before that commit, the detection of the supported shader level in
>> d3d_level_from_gl_info was based on some ad hoc properties).
>>
> shader_arb_get_caps() should never get called for any hardware/driver
> that can do GLSL, unless you explicitly disable GLSL in the registry.
> (At which point you basically get to keep the pieces.)

I did not disable anything. From what I understood from the code, if a
video card is not known to wine, then
* d3d_level_from_gl_info() will be used to determine the supported
directx level
* since e9b0a0e18, d3d_level_from_gl_info()'s return value is purely
based on shader_caps->vs_version

I did miss that this version can also be set in glsl_shader.c, and there
it's indeed not limited to 3.

In any case: without my patch, wine emulates my Geforce GT 750M 1GB
under OS X 10.9.5 as a 128MB card, which (I assume) means that it
detects it as an SM3 rather than an SM4 card. I don't have access to
that machine right now, but if you want some +d3d or other debug logs
let me know and I can post them tonight.

Jonas