[2/2] ws2_32: Implement returning the proper time with SO_CONNECT_TIME.

Bruno Jesus 00cpxxx at gmail.com
Thu Nov 20 08:30:30 CST 2014

On Thu, Nov 20, 2014 at 11:43 AM, Sebastian Lackner
<sebastian at fds-team.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> not sure if bug 8606 is still important, the weird behaviour is clearly based on ugly code in the game.
> If other programs probably do a lot of SO_SNDBUF, always using a wineserver calls might cause a significant slowdown.
> Besides that, based on your last report, the game servers don't even exist anymore. Doesn't that make it basically a WONTFIX?
>
> Nevertheless, if you prefer a different solution I am also fine with that, at least if you have time to work on it in the near future. ;)

I agree that the server calls are bad but I've never seen any app that
keeps calling these specific options many times since they are not
supposed to change by themselves. It would make sense not to put
FIONBIO in the server for example since it can be abused by
applications that use it to poll for data instead of using
select/async methods.

The bug is still there despite of the game code and that will also fix
the test failures in BSD and Solaris where the SNDBUF and RECVBUF
options are only hints to the kernel which usually ignores them
completetly.