Wine Gecko 2.34-beta1 release

Jacek Caban jacek at codeweavers.com
Wed Oct 1 07:00:12 CDT 2014

On 09/24/14 16:51, Qian Hong wrote:
> Hi Jacek,
>
> On Wed, Sep 24, 2014 at 9:42 PM, Jacek Caban <jacek at codeweavers.com> wrote:
>> We need a long term solution, which means
>> working on auto generated C/C++ bindings based on the new, WebIDL files.
>> I may write a separated mail about that if there is an interest.
> Thanks for the hard work on wine gecko!
> For the WebIDL topic, I believe it is interesting and appreciated :)

OK, I will write a separated mail about it soon.

> BTW, as we discussed in MN, could we host a read-only public mailing
> list or similar things to monitor wine-gecko daily build failures?

We can't really monitor wine-gecko daily. wine-gecko is updated only
when I do merges (in the past it was about once a week and I hope to go
back to this strategy). I always make sure that it builds and that Wine
can use it after such merge.

However, we may build on top of Gecko (mozilla-central) tree. That's
where most build problems come from (the diff between those branches are
our modifications for Wine). I thought about it a bit. I have a cron job
that builds Gecko tip nightly on my box. The easy way would be for this
cron job to send a mail to such mailing list. However, I'm not sure
that's a good idea. The tip usually needs some patches on top of it to
build, so it's not really usable for people without them. I could
publicize those patches, but then we have a pretty complicated situation
anyway.

We were also talking about more ambitious solution of setting up build
bot. That's much more work, but it also has way more benefits. It would
be great to have such thing working, but I can't spend too much time on
it. If we had a volunteer to do that, I'm happy to talk about it.

Jacek