Wine staging tree

Rosanne DiMesio dimesio at earthlink.net
Thu Oct 2 10:29:09 CDT 2014

On Thu, 02 Oct 2014 16:57:24 +0200
Michael Müller <michael at fds-team.de> wrote:

> We
> may consider adding a similar warning like Pulseaudio if this is going
> to be a problem.

Please do so, because it is going to be a problem. The reality is users don't always tell us they are using an unsupported build; many of them don't really know what they are using. Those of us who provide user support need a way to immediately identify your build so we can direct your users to your support channels. Asking everyone to run wine --patches (which is what we would have to do without such a warning) is unreasonable.

I do realize the Fedora situation is not your fault. But IMO, it illustrates why you do need to put the warning in your build. You have no way of stopping other packagers from doing the same.

--
Rosanne DiMesio <dimesio at earthlink.net>