d3d focus patches

Henri Verbeet hverbeet at gmail.com
Thu Oct 16 06:48:21 CDT 2014

On 16 October 2014 13:34, Stefan Dösinger <stefandoesinger at gmail.com> wrote:

> Oh, and when you add to all this the strange WM_VISIBLE /
> WM_EX_TOPMOST behavior on the *second* device creation, the
> S_PRESENT_MODE_CHANGED on Reset to windowed (needs a second reset),
> the fact that I have do minimize and restore the device window to
> reliably convince d3d9ex that it has focus back (about 5% of the time
> it works without that) and some other bugs I've seen in my experiments
> I'm convinced that native d3d9ex is pretty broken.

Probably, but it's probably also worth keeping in mind that for most
applications the focus and device windows are going to be the same
window, or at least have the focus window be the parent of any device
windows. We're testing these separately to distinguish between them,
but it's quite possible that some of the more broken behaviour is
never an issue for any real applications where the device and focus
windows are the same window.