Italian translation of Wine

Michael Stefaniuc mstefani at redhat.com
Fri Oct 17 10:57:15 CDT 2014

On 10/17/2014 04:12 PM, Julian Rüger wrote:
> Hi Michael,
>
> On Fri, 2014-10-17 at 11:43 +0200, Michael Stefaniuc wrote:
>> Julian,
>>
>> On 10/17/2014 02:28 AM, Julian Rüger wrote:
>> the Plural-Forms is used by other po files.  It is needed for
>> some languages as those have more than one plural form.  So the
>> translation tools will add that field. Having it in Wine too
>> avoids the "add remove" noise in the commits even though the
>> plural forms get probably lost in the conversion to resource
>> files.
>
> thanks for your answer. Indeed, grep shows that some po files do
> contain "Plural-Forms". However, I don't understand what good that
> information does (Wine can't use it, can it? Do the tools use it to
> automatically translate some strings?) and why there would be noise
> in the commits if it is never added to Wine's codebase in the first
> place.
That's extra work. Something that the translators won't think off. And
not good enough to reject an otherwise fine translation patch.

> If you can't get the translation tools to not add these lines you
> could
Translators normally translate for multiple projects and that
information they need there.

> remove them from the patches manually.
Extra work, easily forgotten. And the one PO header line isn't doing
any harm either.

> If you think having that information is useful, forget I said
> anything! :)

bye
	michael