reg.exe platform specific test?

Henri Verbeet hverbeet at gmail.com
Fri Oct 17 12:11:45 CDT 2014

On 17 October 2014 17:49, Stefan Dösinger <stefandoesinger at gmail.com> wrote:
> Am 2014-10-17 17:45, schrieb Jonathan Vollebregt:
>> In the reg.exe tests around line 181:
>>
>>> verify_reg(hkey, "dword8", REG_DWORD, &dword, sizeof(dword),
>>> (sizeof(long) > sizeof(DWORD)) ? 0 : TODO_REG_DATA);
>>
>> What's the reason for this? Is there some platform specific quirk
>> I should be aware of?
> Smells like 32 bit vs 64 bit to me.
But this specific instance is a bit nasty, since on 64-bit Windows
compilers sizeof(long) == sizeof(DWORD). I suspect that's
unintentional and this really wanted to use e.g. sizeof(void *), even
though it shouldn't matter in practice because the TODO_REG_DATA flag
should only make a difference on Wine.