[1/2] wined3d: Set D3DPMISCCAPS_FOGVERTEXCLAMPED flag in get_device_caps

Henri Verbeet hverbeet at gmail.com
Wed Oct 29 07:31:52 CDT 2014

On 29 October 2014 13:01, Stefan Dösinger <stefandoesinger at gmail.com> wrote:
> If my theory is right and the clamping originates from a hardware
> limitation on dx8 cards, it is more likely that there's a d3d8 game
> that needs the clamping than that there's a d3d9 game that profits
> from the opposite behavior.

Having less shader instructions is a good thing, although clamps tend
to be pretty cheap. But to me it seems a little shaky to justify this
based only on the fact that some d3d8 application might regress. It
would perhaps be a different story if e.g. this was always set in
practice on common hardware.