Need feedback on first four UTF-7 patches

Henri Verbeet hverbeet at gmail.com
Wed Oct 29 08:47:54 CDT 2014

On 29 October 2014 14:05, Indrek Altpere <efbiaiinzinz at hotmail.com> wrote:
> But seeing a patch row marked as New and for which testbot runs have completed successfully gives no definitive feedback about the actual status.
> There is no way to differentiate if a patch has been forgotten accidentally, or ignored on purpose (for the benefit of the project) or postponed for later review (in a week or two).

I get that, but what I'm saying is that in either case you're not
going to make the patch go in quicker by e.g. sending another three
versions of the same patch to the patches list.

The first case is pretty rare, and I don't think having a separate
"Forgotten" state would really help there. The second and third case
are perhaps more interesting, but not necessarily distinct. It's not
so much that when reviewing patches you arbitrarily decide to not look
at a patch for two weeks, but rather that if it's e.g. a slow day you
may review a couple of patches that you normally wouldn't have
bothered with.