advapi32: Handle NULL DACL in SetSecurityInfo

Sebastian Lackner sebastian at fds-team.de
Thu Apr 2 18:17:31 CDT 2015

On 03.04.2015 00:54, Piotr Caban wrote:
> the patch restores old SetSecurityInfo behavior. It also works around
> a crash in current implementation when NULL DACL is passed. It's as
> close to native behavior as it currently can be. Setting NULL DACL
> means: allow every permission on windows. Your test shows that we
> should get NULL while asking about DACL but there's no way of
> correctly supporting it in wine currently (and I'm not sure if it can
> be cleanly supported in future, as far as I can see nor POSIX ACL,
> nor NFSv4 ACL supports anything like this).

I didn't say that I have any problem with your solution, but I would really like to have all the differences to Windows documented in the form of tests. You probably know even better than me that the current ACL implementation of Wine is still terrible broken in a lot of situations, and its very easy to break things again, while trying to fix a different issue. Honestly, I would have really preferred to have more tests for everything before accepting a huge change like the DACL inheritance patch, but I think we should at least document all future changes a bit better. In this case the test is trivial and just a couple of lines long, so there is no good excuse to leave it out. ;)

Best regards,
Sebastian